Hosting Thanksgiving dinner can be daunting. From turkey prep and side dishes, to dessert and clean-up, there is a lot to think about as the holiday nears. Having the proper tools and equipment can help the cooking go a lot smoother. So, let’s talk turkey!
Our Must-Have Turkey Tools:
It’s pretty hard to have Turkey Day without a turkey on the table, which means cooking the main dish just right should be a top priority. This means relying on those little pop-up timers that come with your bird isn’t going to cut it. Luckily, here at Polder, we’re no stranger to reliable thermometers. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a first-time turkey, we offer a variety of thermometer options based on your cooking preferences and/or skill set. Below we’ve outlined just 3 of our top choices in an effort to help limit those tough holiday decisions (you're welcome).
- 10-inch probe keeps hands a safe distance from heat
- 15 presets for meat type and doneness
- Built-in torch light
- 2-in-1 thermometer and timer
- Programmable with memory function
- Probe stays in oven, no need to open the door
- Measures meat and oven temperature at the same time
- USDA cooking charts printed on face of unit
- Stays in oven, no need to open the door
Want to see what else we have to offer? Check out our full line of thermometers here!
Our Must-Have Side Dish Tools:
From mashed potatoes to rolls and everything in between, there’s a lot to prepare as the clock ticks closer to dinner. Whether its washing all the veggies, preheating the oven, or taking peeks at the parade happening on TV (we know it’s tempting), it's hard to keep track of all those side dishes. To make life easier we’ve selected 3 of our favorite products for helping you to keep on task and get the job done faster and more efficiently.
- 100 minute count-up / count-down capacity
- Extra large display reads in minutes and seconds
- Choose between silent, backlit alert, or loud 60-second alarm
- 8-inch height is ideal for short and tall items alike
- Comfort grip handle stays cool to the touch
- Sturdy, rust-resistant stainless steel
- In-sink or over-sink design drains directly into the basin
- Arms extend up to 22 inches for hands-free straining
- Comfort grip handles made from heat-resistant silicone
Our Must-Have Dessert Tools:
After gobbling down the main course and stuffing yourself with savory sides, you’ll likely be on the lookout for some sugar to help you fall into that sweet food coma that’s been looming overhead. Whether it’s pumpkin pie or an apple tart, you’ll want to make sure your desserts come out just right which means having the proper tools is essential. Check out our top 3 recommendations when it comes to cooking the perfect Thanksgiving treats.
- Delivers accurate temperature readings in just 8 seconds
- Removable high-heat silicone spatula attachment monitors temps while stirring
- Audible alert sounds when temperature has been reached
- Easy to read digital display
- 6 temperature zones printed on display for easy reference
- Pot clip attachment securely holds thermometer in place
- Cool-to-the-touch insulated handle does not retain heat
- Easy to use add & weigh tare function for accurate measurements
- Extra-large, one-inch digital display
- 11 lb. (5 kg) weight capacity
Our Must-Have Cleanup Tools:
Unfortunately, just like every other holiday, Thanksgiving doesn’t last forever which means eventually you’ll need to wake up from that food coma and start cleaning up before it’s time for the next big holiday. Whether it’s additional space for all those extra plates and dishes, or durable brushes to help get rid of all those stuck on messes, we’ve got you covered.
- Easily switch between brush head attachment or scoring sponge
- Push button dispensing
- Soft-grip handle
- 100% absorbent cotton with slip-free rubber dots
- Rear-sided hand pockets for right or left-handed use
- Holds up to 10 plates and includes 5 glass posts
- Cutlery holder with split compartments to keep contents upright
- Large angled drain tray directs water run-off right into the sink